Greatest Natural Wonders on Earth
We all are busy to exploring this greatest natural wonder on earth. First of all, we all know that our earth is full of wonders. But still many are undiscovered and hidden yet. After watching this structure they always inspire us and remind us that there is the power by which they have created all these things on the earth. So here we will give some information all about Greatest Natural Wonders on Earth.
7 Greatest Natural Wonders on Earth
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
This is one of the largest underwater structures in the world. This is because it contains 3000 individual reef system. It is also listed in world heritage places and also well known as greatest natural wonders on earth.
Interesting Facts about the Great Barrier Reef:
- Great Barrier Reef is connected with 900 islands and spread across 2600 Km.
- The Great Barrier Reef is bigger than Victoria Tasmania combined.
- From space, Great Barrier Reef is easily visible.
- There are 30 species of dolphins and whale and 1500 species of fish.
- It has a biggest living underwater system.
The highest spot on the earth is the Mount Everest with the height of 8848 meters. This place is situated between Nepal and Tibet in the Himalayan Mountains. After the George Everest, the Mount Everest is named.
Interesting Facts about Mount Everest:
- In winter the temperature at the top of Mount Everest is -36 °C and in summer you will found -19 °C.
- This mountain is denoted as the tallest mountain in the world with the height of 8848 meters.
- There is 250 years old Limestone is there on Mount Everest.
- Every year the height Mount Everest increase by 4mm.
This place is also famous as Northern Lights. These lights are occurring naturally in the sky. You can see these lights in the southern and northern hemisphere.
Interesting Facts about Aurora Borealis:
- Northern lights extend from 80 to 640km in the sky.
- From northern parts of Canada, Alaska, Iceland, Greenland, Finland and also Sweden you can see these Northern lights.
- These northern lights form because of the charge particles from the sun and gaseous particles on earth atmosphere.
- In between 6 pm to 4 am this northern lights is visible in a different color like yellow, red, violet, blue and green.
Grand Canyon, Arizona, U.S
This place is at Arizona in the U.S. This is steep-side massive canyon and also famous as greatest natural wonders on earth. So because of the continuous action of Colorado River, this Grand Canyon formed. This is a popular global national park in America.
Interesting Facts about Grand Canyon:
- The weather in Grand Canyon changes radically with the change of time.
- The depth of Grand Canyon is 1.83 km, length is 446 km and the width is 29 km and also well knows as a beautiful rock formation and landscape.
- You will found desert plants and rare animal spices at Grand Canyon.
- There you will find 1.15 billion years old metamorphic rocks and also help us to make known all about the earth history.
Death Valley, Eastern California, U.S
This place is in Eastern California of America and also popular as a national park. The vast area is cover by this in 3.1 million acres. It is also famous by another name as Funeral Mountain.
Interesting Facts about Death Valley:
- Because of the eruption of water salt pans is create and also presence there.
- There you will found the Rocky Mountains and it is hottest and also lowest place in America.
- You will found 170 million years old sandstones in the marvelous shapes here.
- In every 8 minutes, eruption takes places in the air up to 170 ft of height.
- There are large numbers of hot springs and also geysers.
Paricutin volcano, Michoacán, Mexico
This is cinder cone volcano which is in Mexico. The height of this mountain is 2800 meter. Because of the volcanic eruption and earthquakes, this area is also highly prone.
Interesting Facts about Paricutin Volcano:
- In 1952 the last eruption took place.
- From a cornfield, this Paricutin volcano was also growing.
- The Dominic Pulido an Indian farmer discovered the first eruption of Paricutin in 1943.
Victoria Waterfalls, Border of Zambia and Zimbabwe
Victoria waterfalls are one of the largest waterfalls in the world that depends on its width and height. The falls located on the border of Zambia and also Zimbabwe. It is famous Mosi-Oa-Tanya. Surprisingly, the waterfall is also in protection by Victoria national parks and also Mosi-Oa-Tanya.
Interesting Facts about Victoria Waterfalls
- Victoria waterfalls are about 1.7 km wide that flows 500 million liters of water per minute.
- Because of its strong water spraying, you can also see the waterfall from 50 km away.
- The only place on earth to get the maximum rain all year round is Victoria rainforest.
- At Victoria waterfalls, it is also possible to see a moonbow but only on a full moon night due to water spraying.