Most Common Pregnancy Discomforts and way to deal with Pregnancy Discomforts
Pregnancy is also known as gestation or gravidity. It is time duration in which baby produce inside women. Everyone knows that Pregnancy is occurred through sexual intercourse or assisted reproductive technology. Generally unborn baby stays approximately 38 weeks in women womb. However, the average tome of pregnancy is 40 weeks. Pregnancy counted from the first day of last period of women to the born of a baby. This is most beautiful time for women. Women enjoy the duration of pregnancy from first to the born of a baby. But all most all the women suffer lots of Common Pregnancy Discomforts like back pain, vomiting, tiredness, Swollen Feet and Hand, cramp etc. Women suffer from lots of common problems during pregnancy due to hormonal and physical changes in the body.
Most Common Pregnancy Discomforts with solution
Lower back pain or back pain is most common pregnancy discomfort. A backache is generally occurring at the end of 2nd trimester and throughout the third trimester. Due to weight gain, relaxed muscles and posture change your back will hurt during pregnancy.
Way to reduce Back pain during pregnancy
- You can choose a chair with lumbar support or else you can put a small pillow behind your back whenever you sit.
- In fact, you can also keep a pillow tucked between legs for back support.
- Try to wear flat shoes and must avoid high heels.
- You can also use the firm mattress to reduce back pain and for proper sleep.
- Never sit or stand for too long time.
- Always maintain your spine upright when you stand, sit or walk.
- Must avoid lifting heavy things.
Swollen Feet and Hand
Most of the women suffer from these types of common discomforts during pregnancy like swollen feet, ankle, and hand. This occurs due to an extra development of fluid and blood in the body to support the baby. It is not harmful to baby. Generally swelling is occur during the fifth month and lasts by the third trimester.
Way to deal with swollen feet and hand
- Practice light workout like walking.
- Keep feet elevated whenever possible.
- Consume food, which is high in potassium such as banana.
- Avoid sitting or standing for a long time.
- Avoid footwear with stretched straps and also must wear comfortable shoes.
- Drink a good amount of water and also use cold compresses.
Vomiting and Nausea
Sickness in morning does not create any problem for unborn baby. In fact, this is one of the positive sign. Also, according to the study of JAMA Internal Medicine published in 2016, “Women who have vomiting and nausea during pregnancy they have lower chances of miscarriage”.
Way to deal with Vomiting and Nausea
- Eat lesser food, but never avoid food.
- You also drink tea to treat nausea.
- Try to consume some salty potato chips or cracker before you get out of bed in morning.
- Take a smell of lemon or ginger to calm down tour stomach.
- If smell, taste or appearance of food, make you feel like a sick than avoid that food.
- Always consume some healthy snack before your sleep.
Tiredness & Fatigue
This is the most Common Pregnancy Discomforts for the first and third trimesters. As per the study published in 1999 by the American Journal of Perinatology, “women who become pregnant first have more fatigue compare to the same non-pregnant women group”.
Women become more tired during pregnancy due to the growing of Progesterone level. Women tired due to a low level of blood sugar and blood pressure. In fact, during pregnancy, your body create placenta, which takes your energy and also make you tired.
Way to avoid Tiredness & Fatigue
- Every day, Take proper rest.
- If you feel tiredness than first take rest.
- Every day, take a time to sit with feet up.
- Consume food which is high in protein and also in iron.
Leg cramps are Common Pregnancy Discomforts. Particularly, cramp in calves is caused mainly at time of second & Third trimesters and also generally at night. It occurs because of weight gain or blood vessels compression. Cramp is also occurring due to a low level of magnesium and calcium at a time of pregnancy.
Way to reduce Cramp and its pain
- You can stretch your calf muscles before you sleep.
- Do workouts which contain leg and involves movements to raises your circulation. In fact, it may aid you to remove cramp.
- Massage on the cramped area with warm oil.
- Eat food, which high in calcium and also magnesium.
- You can also put heat pack or hot water bottle on the cramped area.
Burning effect in Heart
Heartburn is Common Pregnancy Discomforts, which occur due to hormonal change and also due to force on the stomach from the growing womb. Heartburn is Heartburn is occurring because the flow of stomach acid goes reverse in the esophagus. The esophagus is a tube, which joins the stomach to throat.
Never take medicine of heartburn during pregnancy, as it may have harmful effects on the baby. “Women to take heartburn medicine, their child have higher chances of developing asthma”, according to the study of Journal of Allergy and clinical Immunology, published in 2017.
Way to treat Heartburn
- Avoid fried or greasy foods, colas and also coffee.
- You can also drink ginger tea, not too hot, warm tea.
- Never lie down for at minimum 30 minutes after eating food.
- You can add 1 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar into 1 cup warm water. Drink this two times in a day.
- Increase your bed’s head by 15 cm or 6 inches (approximately) to avoid this at night.
- Always consume lesser and also frequent food. In fact eat food slowly and also chew food properly.
Insomnia is caused due to hormonal changes. In fact, the physical discomfort during pregnancy will also affect your sleep. These types of Common Pregnancy Discomforts occur due to heartburn, sinus congestion, leg cramps and also growing belly. In fact, occur due to frequent urination at night.
Way to reduce the problem of Insomnia
- Produce a calm bedtime routine.
- Consume healthily and also before diet and must proper vitamin.
- Try to stay away from the cell phone, computer or television before you sleep.
- Drink one glass warm milk.
- Maintain consistent sleep timetable.
This is most common discomfort related to pregnancy. A blocked and also stuffy nose is a real irritation, which makes problem to take proper amount sleep.
It causes due to a higher level of estrogen and other hormones made through a placenta, that turn affects the mucous membranes, which line inside of the nose. It also occurs because of higher blood volume related to pregnancy.
Way to treat Blocked Nose
- You can apply warm compress on your nose, it aids to ease the sign.
- A saline spray can also help you to clear nose.
- If you blow your nose too hard because it causes nosebleeds.
- You can also try steam inhalation before sleeping.
- You can also try herbal tea to clear nose.
Frequent Urination Problem
A most common Pregnancy Discomforts is bladder problem during pregnancy like incontinence and frequent urination. This problem is occurring at the last trimester. It occurs because of your bladder presses due to a head of a baby.
Incontinence is another common Pregnancy Discomforts. It affects during and also after your pregnancy. Incontinence means pregnant women unable to stop the instant spurt of urine. It occurs due to relaxed pelvic floor muscles.
Way to prevent bladder problem
- Do pelvic floor workout to stop incontinence.
- Lean forward to help your bladder to become emptier when you go for urinates.
- Never drink too many fluids in evening and also before you go to sleep.
- Drink lots of water to dilute urine.
- Go to a bathroom, when you experience urge.
This is also one of the common discomforts during pregnancy. The progesterone level increase during pregnancy, so the movement of bowel is slow down. In addition, you will consume food with high iron, which causes constipation.
It can causes hemorrhoids if you will not solve the constipation problem at an early stage. Piles or hemorrhoid are swollen veins nearer to the anus, which is very uncomforted and also painful.
Way to treat constipation
- Try consuming food, which is high in fiber.
- To make your muscles toned, practices daily exercise. Light workout helps in digestion and also reduces the sign of constipation.
- Drink a good amount of water during a day.
- You can also take about this problem to your doctor.
Thanks for visiting careinfo.in.