Heel pain causes symptoms and treatments options
What is heel pain???
Human feet and ankle are conjured of 26 bones, 33 joints and more than 100 tendons. Heel is one of the biggest bone in human feet. When you have more use or injure heel, then you may have pain heel. This pain can be range from soft to disable. It is common problem of feet and person who has pain in heel, they generally feel pain at under heel (plantar fasciitis) or behind it (Achilles tendinitis), where Achilles tendon connects with heel bone. Here is causes for heel pain, common symptoms of heel pain and treatment of heel pain.
Common Causes of heel pain: Below is common reason for heel pain.
- Plantar fasciitis: Plantar fascia is strong bowstring such as ligament which runs from calcaneum to tip of foot. Calcaneum is the biggest bone forming heel. When plantar fasciitis is tight too far, its soft tissue fibers become inflamed, basically it attaches to heel bone. Sometimes pain may occur in middle of foot. You may feel pain under foot, particularly after long time of rest. If Achilles tendon tightens too much, then some people have calf-muscle.
- Heel Bumps: Heel bone is not fully mature and rubs excessively can cause the formation of too much bone. It is also occur due to flat foot. In female it is causes by wearing high heel before bone is fully mature.
- Achilles tendonosis: It is also known as tendonitis, tendinopathy and tendonosis. Long term problem is related to the progressive degeneration of Achilles tendon, that can’t cure itself. It gets more tension than it can manage with and microscopic tears build up.
- Heel bursitis: It is inflammation of back heel area; it can occur due to landing awkwardly on heel and also occur due to footwear pressure. Pain is basically experienced at deep in heel or back of heel. As a time pass this pain become worse. Sometimes Achilles tendon can be swelling.
- Stress Fracture: Fracture happens due to recurring stress. Generally it occurs because of sport, heavy manual work and strenuous exercise. Fracture also occurs due to osteoporosis. Generally runner may have stress fracture in metatarsal bone of foot.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome: huge nerve in foot back becomes pinched. This is type of compression neuropathy that can happen also in ankle or foot.
- Chronic inflammation of heel pad: Pain in heel can also occur by heel pad become more thinly and due to heavy footsteps.
- Sever disease: It is common cause of pain of heel in children. Muscles and tendons of hamstrings and calves stretching & tightening in response to growth spurts can cause heel pain.
Other reason to occur heel pain
- Bone cyst
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Early sign and symptoms of heel pain: Mostly everyone is familiar with Sign of heel pain. Also you can read early heel pain sign, which describe below.
- Pain which start dull and go worse.
- Pain which is worse at the time of morning, at the time when you take first steps.
- You feel stabbing, if you give pressure on heel.
- Have swelling or tenderness at area of ankle and plantar fascia.
- Stiffness in foot, particularly at ankle and heel.
Treatments for heel pain: Heel pain treatments options including combination of techniques like stretches and painkiller to get rid of pain and for fast recovery from pain.
- Pain relief
- Towel stretches
- Wall stretches
- Stair stretches
- Chair stretches
- Dynamic stretches
- Strapping and splinting
- Corticosteroid injections
- EST (Extracorporeal shockwave therapy)
Thank you for visit careinfo.in and for reading heel pain Causes, Symptoms and Treatments article. You can also read Leukemia Causes, Symptoms and Treatments.