Earth Day and its inspiring Facts
On 22th April 2016, Friday 160 countries leaders officially sign the Paris Climate Agreement on Earth Day 2016.To celebrate the Earth Day Google has designed a Doodle.
Earth Day is an amazing time to stop and appreciate our global home and the amazing gifts that Mother Nature has given us. When we are rushing from school drop off, running off to do tasks and just continue our day to day, it’s sadly quite easy to forget to take a moment to take stock, pay compliment or give back to earth.
When did Earth Day start?
Earth Day start in 1970 as a day to celebrate the planet and encourage people to be more environmentally friendly. The celebration of Earth Day was 1st started in US after a overwhelming oil leak, and after this Earth day is celebrated in all over world.
Activities associated with Earth Day:
- Planting Trees
- Raising Awareness about recycling
- Volunteering for green projects
- Reducing the amount of Energy people consume
Earth Day is supported by a host of celebrities, including Leonardo Di Caprio, Emma Watson, Miley Cyrus and Matt Damon.
5 Things you don’t know about the Earth Day:
- 1 billion people across the world will get involved with Earth Day this year.
- The celebration has its own flag that features a picture of the Earth taken from the Apollo 17 spacecraft on its way to the Moon.
- 20 million people participated in the 1st ever Earth Day in 1970.
- No one knows where the name or date for the day came from as the organisers can’t remember.
- In 2008 Disney lunched Disney nature, a channel dedicated to environmental documentaries in celebration of Earth Day.
How you get involved in Earth Day?
There are Earth Day events taking place across the world. You can get involved without attending an official event by trying some of the below actions:
- Walk to work, cycle or take public transport
- Use a reusable coffee/Tea cup
- Make sure you recycle
- Go paperless
- Take a tote bag to the shop
- Plant a tree
- Go meat or dairy free at least once in a week
- Carry a reusable water bottle
- Add the Earth Mode Google Chrome extension to your browser to monitor your energy use.
- Buy local produce
If you have any query and want to say something about the article Facts of Earth Daythen please use comment box which is given below.
Thank you for visitCareinfo.inand read about Earth Day and its inspiring FactsArticle.