10 WhatsApp Tips and Tricks Everyone Should Know
We all use WhatsApp application for default messenger in our phone. WhatsApp is now essential application for all of us. WhatsApp is recently purchased by Facebook for a enormous $19 billion. The app has made itself essential by adding browser version and voice calling to its platform. Here we provide the about 10 WhatsApp Tips and Tricks Everyone Should Know. The tips for those who have deal with the app on a daily basis. We have creased up some interesting tricks and squeeze that will improve your user experience. Below are some 10 WhatsApp Tips and Tricks Everyone Should Know.
10 WhatsApp Tips and Tricks Everyone Should Know:
Mute Group Chats and Notifications:
Group chat notification can get noisy; they are best turned off when you have to focus on atask at hand.
- On Android: On a group chat, tap the Menu and hit Mute. Then select the time frame for which you would like the group to be muted. You can also disable notifications for the specified period. This feature is also available for web browser now.
- On iPhone: Open Group Chat, tap the group subject to reveal the Group Info screen, and tap Mute. Now choose how long you would like notifications to be muted.
Last Seen, Privacy and Blocking:
On Android: Go to Setting -> Account -> Privacy to hide desirable last seen timestamp, profile picture and status. You can also just leave it on for your contacts. On this page you will also find block people. You ca easily block the people by this. For iPhone user the process is same.
Find out who read your message in a WhatsApp Group:
Read receipts marked by 2 blue ticks indicate that your message is read by receiver. But you cannot identify who has read your message in the group. You can also know that who read your message in your group.
- On Android: Long Press on a message sent by you. This discloses an ‘i’ with a circle around it. Tapping on it will show you who the message was delivered to and read by whom.
- On iPhone: See the Message Info screen by opening a chat with contact or a group, then swiping your message from the left to right to see delivery and read notification.
Disable Media to save on Cellular Bandwidth:
WhatsApp lets you to give the facility what you would like download on mobile data and when connected to Wi-Fi.
- On Android:Go to Setting->Chat Setting->Media Auto Download to specify when you want images, audio and videos to be downloaded to your phone.
- On iPhone:Go to WhatsApp Setting->Chat Setting -> Media Auto Download
Backup WhatsApp Conversations:
There are several ways to backup or save your conversations on WhatsApp. One of the ways is to go Options -> Settings-> Chat Settings and then click on Backup conversations. This will create a backup in your phone’s memory. This backup can access if you uninstall WhatsApp and re-Install it. On iPhone Auto backup feature is there for you. Every things other than the video will be backup and when you re-install the app, all your conversations from the last backup will show up.
Migrating to a New Number:
If you changed your SIM card, there is a way to import your account information, groups and settings. Keep in mind that your old number will be deleted .Make sure that your new number is active and able to receive SMS and calls.
- On Android: Tap on Menu -> Settings->Account->Change Number and enter the old phone number in the 1st box and new number in the second box.
- On iPhone: Go To Setting->Account->Change number. Enter your old number in the 1st box and also new number in other box.
Changing WhatsApp Wallpaper:
We all like rocking and fancy wallpaper on their WhatsApp conversion screens. You can also put various wallpaper on your conversations screen. You can go to Settings->Chat Setting->Wallpaper. Then finally click on the wallpaper option. You will be ask to select and that image will save as your wallpaper for your chat conversation.
As we defined restore message in iPhone is very easy. But the process in Android there is not automatically. When you reinstall the app, it will look for backups or copies of conversations on your SD Card, if it finds then it will ask you if you want to restore it. Say restores and get all the things back.
Email Your Chat with or Without Attachments:
Many times we want to mail all the chat to our friends or yourself for future reference. This is the trick that you can easily send the mail to you and your friends by mobile. The chat messages will go as attachment not in email body. It creates a text file of all messages and attaché with the email. Try it out click on the contact and then Menu and choose ‘More’. A pop up box is appearing with 3 options. Select Email chat and it will also take you to email app.
Send a Broadcast Messages:
The equivalent of BCC your message,it’s cheaper than sending a group SMS.The replies from your broadcast will be visible only to you.
- On Android:Tap to Menu-> New Broadcast and select all the contacts you would like to round up for the message.
- On iPhone:Tap the broad cast List button at the top of the chats screen, tap New List at the bottom of the screen ,filter from your contact list and then tap create.
Thanks for visiting Careinfo.in and also read this10 WhatsApp Tips and Tricks Everyone Should Know article.