Diabetes Symptoms and Causes – All you need to know about Diabetes.
Diabetes is the widely influencing disease that is much of a question. The diabetes causes and symptoms are not very rare and are very regular. Therefore you must be aware of the causes and symptoms as well as be familiar with the definition of diabetes. This article is written mainly to inform you about what diabetes is and Diabetes Symptoms and Causes.
What is Diabetes?
In this article about Diabetes Symptoms and Causes, we will also tell you all about diabetes. Diabetes is a chronic condition which is associated with the unusually high level of sugar or glucose in the blood. The insulin produced by the pancreas lowers the blood glucose. Therefore the absence or insufficient production of insulin or even the body inability to use insulin properly, causes diabetes. Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterized from high blood sugar or glucose levels. It can be the diabetes causes of defects in insulin as well as its secretion.
There are two types of diabetes which are referred as type 1 and type 2. These types were formerly known as insulin-dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetes. This is important to know while knowing about Diabetes Symptoms and Causes. It also known as juvenile onset and adult onset diabetes. The blood glucose levels are normally tightly controlled by insulin, a hormone which produced by the pancreas. Insulin is known to be produces to lower the blood glucose levels. When the blood glucose increases by eating such kind of food, insulin in released from the pancreas. This insulin normalizes the glucose level by promoting the intake of glucose into the body cells. In patients with diabetes, the absence of insufficient production can also cause hyperglycemia. When I say that Diabetes is a chronic medical condition, means that it can be controlled but it stays for a lifetime.
To know all about Diabetes Symptoms and Causes, we also need to know about its influence. Around 29.1 million of the total population is affected by diabetes in the United States. That means 9.3% of the population suffers from diabetes, whereas the other 86 million people have prediabetes and don’t know about it. If the treatment and proper care will not taken, then the long term diabetes lead to blindness, nerve damage and kidney failure. Diabetes can also lead to strokes, coronary heart diseases and other major diseases too. Therefore it is most important to know about the diabetes causes causes and symptoms so that you don’t miss out on your health and then pay later.
Diabetes Symptoms and Causes –
Early Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes:
Among the Diabetes Symptoms and Causes, it is crucial to know about the early symptoms too. The early symptoms are the signs that one experiences before being tested and being diabetic. These signs doesn’t proves what the type of diabetes the person is passing through but can give a straight and fair idea that he/she has diabetes. The below given signs are the early symptoms of diabetes and also provide the diabetes causes.
- The early symptoms of diabetes related to elevated blood sugar levels. There is also the occurrence of loss of glucose in urine. High amounts of glucose can lead to frequent urination and thus leads to dehydration.
- When there is the occurrence of dehydration that can also leads to increased thirst and more water consumption.
- The absolute insulin deficiency can eventually leads to weight loss in the body.
- Some would not agree, as diabetes increases hunger than weight loss shouldn’t be an issue. But even with increased appetite there occurs regular weight loss.
- There is also an issue of fatigue in some untreated diabetics.
- In the similar way nausea and vomiting are also some of the signs that occur in patients with untreated diabetes.
- If you let you diabetes go uncontrolled and untreated there are frequent infections are more likely to occur.
- Fluctuations in blood sugar levels lead to blurred vision with time.
- When the glucose levels extremely elevated, which lead to lethargy and eventually coma.
Causes of Diabetes:
Among the Diabetes Symptoms and Causes, let us know about the diabetes causes. Insufficient production of insulin, production of defective insulin, or the inability of cells to use insulin properly can lead to hyperglycemia and diabetes. This condition affects the cells of muscles as well as fat tissue. This situation is a result on the condition known as insulin resistance which results in type 2 diabetes.
The lack of insulin in the absolute condition usually secondary to a destructive process affects the insulin cells in the pancreas. This is the main disorder in type 1 diabetes. Whereas in type 1 diabetes, there is a steady decline of beta cells that diabetes causes elevated blood sugars.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
Among the Diabetes Symptoms and Causes, some of the well known and most experienced symptoms of diabetes include –
- Increased thirst as well as urination
- Respiratory Problems
- Abdominal pain
- Increased hunger
- Blurred vision
- Numbness and tingling in the feet or hands
- Soreness that does not heals
- Genital itching and thrush
- Increased urination especially at night
- Increased time in healing of cuts and wounds
- Unexpected and surprising weight loss.
Symptoms of Type 1 diabetes can start quickly like in some weeks. The symptoms of type 2 diabetes develop relatively slower than type 1. They can even be so mild and regular that you might not notice them.
The symptoms such as weight loss, lethargy, stupor, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain are more profound symptoms found in the Type 1 diabetes. Type 2 diabetics suffer from all the above mentioned symptoms along with type 1. But as mentioned earlier, it can be a long time before the symptoms of type 2 become visible after a long time.
Types of Diabetes:
You got all the details on Diabetes Symptoms and Causes. The above information must have told you atleast about the two types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. But there are actually 3 types of diabetes if you minus the prediabetes. Prediabetes is the phase or type of diabetes which is caused mainly when the diabetes has been just regulated and there is no type associated to it. The other three main type of diabetes are:
- Type 1 Diabetes: In this type of diabetes the body doesn’t produces enough insulin so it is also called as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes. Type 1 diabetes usually develops before the person has reached the age of 40. Patients with diabetes 1 may have to take insulin injections too.
- Type 2 Diabetes: In this type of diabetes the body doesn’t produces enough insulin. The symptoms of type 2 diabetes can be fought by losing weight, having a healthy diet, exercising and monitoring blood glucose levels. Typically type 2 diabetes is pretty progressive disease. The risk of developing type 2 diabetes increases with your age.
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the type of diabetes that affects women during their pregnancy. Some women have very high levels of glucose in their blood and are unable to produce that much insulin. This results in progressive rising of glucose. The majority of patients with gestational diabetes are able to control it with exercise and diet. If the diabetes goes uncontrolled or undiagnosed then it become serious complications during child-birth.
These were all the information you need to know about Diabetes Symptoms and Causes, Type of Diabetes, and other details. Thank you for reading our article on Diabetes Symptoms and Causes.
Visit careinfo.in for more details.