Meningitis Symptoms causes and risk factor
What is Meningitis?????
It is an inflammation of membranes or meninges around human brain and spinal cord. Person who suffer from meningitis have basic symptoms like headache, fever and stiff neck. It is generally caused due to viral infection but it is not bacterial or fungal. Vaccines can stop some forms of it. It can be very serious, if it is not treating immediately, it may cause life- threatening blood poisoning and it can causes permanent brain damage or nerves. So here we provide the Early Sign of Meningitis, cause of meningitis.
Early Sign and symptoms of meningitis
- High temperature fever over (37.5C) (99.5F)
- Feeling and being sick
- Irritability and lack of energy
- Aching muscles and joints
- Pale, mottled skin
- Stiff neck
- Irritation of bright lights
- Cold feet and hand
- Quick breathing
- Skin rash
Other Sing and Symptom of meningitis in newborn
- High fever
- Inactivity or sluggishness
- Continues crying
- Poor feeding
- Stiffness in neck and body of baby
- A bulge in soft on top of baby’s head
Causes of Meningitis: – Viral infection is the most common Meningitis causes, which followed by bacterial infections and rarely by fungal infection. Because of bacterial infection it can be life-threatening, identifying cause is vital.
Risk factor of Meningitis
- Miss out vaccinations
- Age: – viral meningitis is mostly occurring in child younger than 5 years and bacterial meningitis is occur child under age of 20.
- Pregnancy: – Pregnancy increases the risk of listeriosis, which can cause meningitis and also increase the risk of miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery.
- Factor which affect immunity system.
Thank you visiting careinfo.in and for reading this Meningitis Symptoms causes and risk factor article. You can also read Blood cancer causes, symptoms and treatments.