FF Multi Converter
FF Multi Converter is an application which allows you to convert video, audio, image and document files between several file formats. Its backend was built using ffmpeg for audio and video files, ImageMagick for images and unocov for documents.
If you are on Ubuntu, you can install FF Multi Converter using the stable PPA by entering below commands:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ffmulticonverter/stable
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install ffmulticoverter
If you are Arch Linux can install the application via the AUR.For other Linux distributions, you can visit FF Multiconverter’s download page for instructions.
Once you have it installed, you may lunch the application. With the help this app, you can see any missing dependencies in the status bar. Without this app, you may not be able to convert to some formats.
So let’s have look two examples of Convert between Several File Formats on Linux with FF Multi Converter.
Convert Video to Audio:
Here we convert one video file to audio file. So please follow below steps for Convert between Several File Formats on Linux.
- 1st select the Audio/video Then click on Add button which is top at right corner. Now select as many videos as you want to convert.
- Select the file format in which you want to convert to from the list. For example m4A which is most suitable for audio file.
- Now select the output folder for the converted file or you can tick the checkbox at the bottom if you want the new file to be saved in the same directory as the input file.
- The default settings seem to work just fine. At last click on Convert button.
- At last a popup window will appear on your screen. After successfully conversion, it will show you a success message and you redirect to your chosen output directory to view the file.
Convert MS Word Doc file to PDF:
We sometimes have problem regarding to convert the DOC file to PDF.So follow below steps to covert doc to pdf.
- 1st select the documents tab and click on the Add button to select the documents which you want to convert.
- Now, the file formats of the input and output files i.e. doc to pdf.
- Then select the output folder for the converted file and then click on the convert button.
- Finally your doc to pdf conversion will start.
If you have any query and want to say something about the article How to Convert between Several File Formats on Linux then please use comment box which is given below.
Thank you for visit Careinfo.in and read about Convert Audio, Video, Image and Document files with FF Multi Converter Article.