Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms and Causes
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental health disorder that causes impulsive behaviours, intense mood swings, as well as severe problems with self worth. It may lead to troubled relationship in each area of a person’s life. The Warning Signs of Borderline Personality Disorder first appears in childhood. But problems frequently don’t begin until early adulthood. With BPD, you have an intense fear of abandonment or instability and you may have difficulty tolerating being alone. Personality disorder is condition that may cause a range of distressing signs and patterns of abnormal behaviour. So here we provide the information about Sign and Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder.
Borderline Personality Disorder Causes:-
As with other mental illness, the Causes of Borderline Personality Disorder isn’t fully understood. Multiple factors can contribute to the personality disorder, including environmental factors, serotonin abnormalities and genetics.
Border Personality Disorder may be a genetic condition. Some studies of twins & families recommend that personality disorders can be inherited or strongly related with other mental illness among family members.
Serotonin is a hormone that facilitates normalize mood. Abnormalities in serotonin production can make you susceptible to Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).
Growing up in an abusive, unstable or neglectful environment can raise your risk of developing personality disorder.
Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms:-
- If you have Borderline Personality Disorder, you can experience a range of frequently intense negative emotions such as panic, rage, loneliness, terror, shame, long term feelings and sorrow.
- You may also have severe mood swings over a short space of time. It is most common Symptoms of BPD.
- An impulse to self harm like burning your skin with cigarettes or cutting your arms with razors, in severe cases, mainly if you also feel depressed & sad, this impulse may lead to feeling suicidal & you may attempt suicide.
- A strong impulse to connect in irresponsible activities like drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, binge drinking, going on a spending, reckless driving or gambling spree.
You may connect in anxious efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment and your relationship may be extremely unstable, intense & alternate between the extremes of over idealizing and undervaluing persons who are important to you.
Disturbed Patterns of Thinking:
- Upsetting thoughts such as thinking you’re a terrible individual or feeling you do not exist.
- Prolonged episodes of abnormal experiences
Thank you for visiting careinfo.in and reading this article Borderline Personality Disorder Symptoms and Causes.