Kidney Cancer Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
What is Kidney Cancer????
Kidney cancer is illness in which kidney cells become cancerous and grow out of control and turn into tumor. It is also known as renal cancer. Most of cancer first appears in lining of tiny tubes in kidney. This type of cancer is known as renal cell carcinoma. It is good that this cancer is found before they spread to distant organs.
Below we provide the details Kidney cancer sign, causes and its treatment option.
Types of Kidney cancer: – It is more common in people over age of 60. Generally only one kidney is affected due to this cancer.
- Wilms’ tumor: – It is rare type of this cancer, which cam affected very young children.
- Renal Cell Cancer (RCC):- This type of cancer is starting in cells which line very small tubes known as tubules in kidney cortex. There are various types of kidney cancer, which are clear cell cancer, papillary, chromophobe and collecting duct renal cancer. Clear cell cancer is general cancer types and remain are less known types of cancer.
Sign and symptoms of Kidney Cancer: It doesn’t cause any Sign of Kidney Cancer in early stage. As it develop following kidney cancer symptoms are appear.
- constant back pain, particularly below ribs
- Have blood in urine
- Stomach pain
- Stomach swelling
- A lump in stomach
- side pain
- frequent fever
- weight loss
- pale skin
- intolerance to cold
- vision issue
- too much hair growth in women
Causes and risk factor of kidney cancer: Causes of Kidney cancer are unknown. Below is the kidney cancer risk factor.
- Being make
- Long time use of some pain medications
- Have some critical kidney problem
- Have some genetic condition
- Due to some family history of this cancer
- Being exposed to some chemical
- Problem of high blood pressure
- Have problem of lymphoma
- Have long term dialysis due to renal failure
- Have horseshoe kidney, which is type of congenital defect
- Being exposed to toxins in workplace
Kidney Cancer Treatment option: Treatment of kidney cancer focus on to remove tumor from body. Treatments for kidney cancer are surgery, which can be radical or conservative.
Radical Nephrectomy: – It is process of surgical which remove kidney. Whole organ is remove gland along with some surrounding tissue and lymph nodes. The adrenal gland can also remove. Surgery can be done by large cut.
Conservative Nephrectomy: – It removes only tumor, lymph node and surrounding tissue and kidney is left behind. It is also known as nephron sparing nephrectomy. Cells of tumor can killed by freezing, which is known as cryosurgery or radiofrequency ablation in which apply heat.
Immunotherapy: – It uses synthetic versions of immunoactive chemical found in body. Interferon and aldeleukin are example of drugs used in immunotherapy.
Targeted drugs: – It is designed to block certain abnormal signals present in cells of kidney cancer. Below is the targeted medicine example.
- Axitinib (Inlyta)
- Bevacizumab (Avastin)
- Pazopanib (Votrient)
- Sorafenib (Nexavar)
- Sunitinib (Sutent)
Metastatic kidney cancer: – It cannot be cure with surgery alone. After removing tumor with surgery, other treatment remains important. It can contain immunotherapy, targeted therapy and radiation.
Thank you for visit careinfo.in and for reading Kidney Cancer Causes, Symptoms and Treatments article. You can also read Prostate Cancer Cause Symptoms and treatment.