Brain tumor symptoms, causes and treatment
What is Brain Tumor???????
It is a mass or collection of unusual cells in human brain. Any type growth inside restricted space of skull can cause health issue. Human skull encloses brain and it is very rigid. This tumor can be malignant (cancerous) or benign (non-cancerous). While malignant or benign tumor is grow, then it can causes pressure in your skull to increase and also it causes damage in brain.
Types of Brain Tumor
- Primary brain tumor: It originates in brain and can develop from your brain cell, nerve cells, glands and meninges. Meninges are membranes which surround brain. This tumor can be benign or cancerous. Most common types of tumor in adult are gliomas and meningioms.
- Secondary brain tumor: It create majority of brain cancer. It begins with one body part and spread into brain. Metastasize to brain are lung cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer and skin cancer. It is always malignant and never spread from one part of body to another.
Signs and symptoms of brain tumor: Sign of Brain Tumor vary greatly and depend on the size, location and growth rate of tumor.
Basic brain tumor Signs and symptoms are listed below:-
- Change in pattern of headaches and also headache is common symptoms of this tumor
- Headache which can be severe and worsen with activity or have in early morning
- Unexpected nausea or vomiting
- Vision problem like blurred vision, double vision or loss of peripheral vision
- Sensation loss or movement in arm or leg
- Balance difficulty
- Difficulty in speech
- Get confuse in every process
- Change in Behaviour and personality
- Seizures, particularly in someone who don’t have seizures history
- Problem in hearing
- Memory loss
- Difficulty writing or reading
- Changes in ability to taste or smell
- Decreased alertness that include drowsiness and consciousness loss
- Swallowing problem
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Hand tremors
- Uncontrollable movements
- Numbness or tingling on one side of body.
- Bladder control loss
- Loss of awareness
Causes of Brain Tumor
- Family history: People who have tumor may increase the risk of having tumour themselves.
- Age: Tumor is also increase your age is increase. Mostly tumour is affect person over age of 50 years.
- Radiation on head: Radiation may increase the risk of developing tumor later on is increased.
- Genetic condition: Some genetic condition also increase the risk of benign brain like neurofibromatosis type 1 or 2, Turcot syndrome, Li-Fraumeni cancer, von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, Gorlin syndrome.
- Type cancer spread in brain: Person who has any types of cancer they have higher risk of brain tumor. Mostly tumor is occurring due to Breast cancer, colon cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, and melanoma.
- Body size and exercise: Overweight people have higher risk of meningioma than smaller people. Child who birth with 4 kg will increase risk of tumor.
Below is the List of other Risk factor of Brain Tumor
- Power line: Person who lives near power lines may have higher risk of this tumor, as per the several studies.
- Mobile phones: As per the research mobile phone also has low level of radiation, which can also increase the risk of tumor.
- Hair dye: Using can also increase the risk of developing tumor.
- Smoking and alcohol: As per the some study drinking alcohol and smoking may increase the risk developing tumor.
Treatment of Brain Tumor: Brain Tumor Treatment is depend on the below condition.
- Tumor type
- Tumor size
- Tumor location
- Health of patient
List Treatment for Brain tumor
- Surgery: It is main treatment for tumor. It uses to remove tumor as much as possible without affecting surrounding brain tissue. It can remove tumor and secure flap of skull back by putting metal screws.
- Radio surgery: If tumor is in deep inside brain and then it is complicated to remove by surgery, so use radiotherapy known as “SRS (Stereotactic Radio surgery)”.
- Radiation therapy: It is use to shrink a benign tumor or to kill any cells left after surgery.
- Chemotherapy: In this medication to remove tumor cells, which left after the surgery.
- Targeted drug therapy: In this therapy focus on particular abnormalities occur inside cancer cell and block it. It can causes cancer cells to die.
- Rehabilitation after treatment: If it is develop in brain part which control motor skills, speech, vision and thinking they we use rehabilitation for recovery.
Thank you for visit careinfo.in and for reading Brain tumor causes, symptoms and treatment article. You can also read Prostate Cancer treatment.