Prostate Cancer Symptoms Cause and treatment
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in body. It is cause when the body’s normal control mechanism stops working. Old cells do not die and cells grow out of control, forming new, abnormal cells. Those extra cells can form a mass of tissue, called a tumor. There are many types of Cancer from Prostate Cancer is mostly occur in Men, so here Prostate Cancer Symptoms Cause and treatment. You can read below information to know about Warning Sign of Prostate Cancer and also for Prostate Cancer Treatment and Causes.
What is Prostate Cancer???????
It is an abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells found in prostate gland. It is the most common cancer in UK. Size of your prostate is approximately same as size of walnut and lies at based of your bladder.
Causes of Prostate Cancer
Those are not exact reason of having Prostate Cancer, but those things can raise the risk of having this cancer or Prostate Cancer Symptoms.
- Age: This cancer is increase as your age is increase and mostly found after the age of 50 years.
- Ethnic Group: It is more common among African Caribbean men and African descent then Asian descent men.
- Family History: If have family history of it, then you have greater risk of having this cancer due to inherited DNA.
- Diet: Study said that the diet is related to this cancer. There is proof that a high calcium diet is related to raise the risk of developing cancer in prostate.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs): Person who has gonorrhea has greater risk of having cancer in prostate, as per research of “University of Michigan Health System”.
- Medicines: Study found that person who take medicine to lower cholesterol level, may lower risk of this cancer.
Warning Sing and Symptoms of Prostate Cancer: Below is Prostate Cancer Symptoms of early stage of prostate cancer.
At the early stage there no Prostate Cancer Sign. Basically at the early stage men finds prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. Below is the Prostate Cancer Symptoms.
- Men require urinating frequently, particularly at night.
- Men have difficulty at starting urination and holding back urine.
- Men have Weak or interrupted urination.
- Problem in having an erection.
- Painful ejaculation.
- Blood in urine or semen.
- Pain or stiffness in lower back, hips or upper thighs.
If the Prostate Cancer is advanced then the below Prostate Cancer Symptoms are possible.
- Pain in bone and also in spine, pelvis or ribs.
- Proximal part of femur may painful.
- Weakness in leg (if it spread to spine and compressed spine cord).
- Urinary incontinence (if it spread to spine and compressed spine cord).
- Fecal incontinence (if it spread to spine and compressed spine cord).
Treatment of Prostate Cancer: Treatment for Prostate Cancer is given below.
- Watch and Wait: Some person have tumor which grows very slowly and also have no Prostate Cancer Symptoms. It this case doctor take advise of monitoring your situation with daily check. It is known as “watchful waiting”. Doctor also say for watch and wait, if you have other medical issue or have any kind of surgery.
- Active Surveillance: It same as watchful waiting in which you select not to have treatment straight away. You observe closely the Prostate Cancer Symptoms. It use for active surveillance is cure as soon as you show it Progressing symptoms.
- Surgery: It is one of main treatment for this cancer, where your prostate gland is removing by operation, along with radiotherapy. Operation to remove whole of your prostate is known as “radical prostatectomy”. If cancer part is pressing on your urethra, then you have do surgery known as “TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate)”.
- Radiotherapy: It is generally used for prostate cancer. This therapy is used when your cancer is not spread outside your prostate gland. It is used to destroy cancer cell. It is generally given in daily doses over eight to four week.
- Hormone Therapy other medicines: It blocks the testosterone actions, which slow down the growth of this cancer. It uses to reduce risk of cancer come back after having treatment. It is also used for shrink an advanced prostate tumor. Chemotherapy
- Experimental Treatment: Doctor use treatment as part of a clinical trial, if cancer is not spread beyond your prostate. Below are clinical trials.
- HIFU (High Intensity focused ultrasound). It is uses high intensity ultrasound to heat and destroyed cancer in your prostate gland.
- Cryotherapy: It removes cancer cells in your prostate by freezing cells.
Thank you for visit careinfo.in and for reading Prostate Cancer Cause Symptoms and treatment article. You can also read Sign and symptoms of cancer.