Science Facts that are Totally Wrong
We all believe some the many facts of Science. Some of the facts are right and we totally agree with that fact. But here we give the information regarding the Some Science Facts that are Totally Wrong. These Science Myths have been continuing for years. But it’s time to set the record without delay. Is the earth’s core molten liquid? Is there fire in Space? Can you overdose on Vitamin C? The answers to these questions will shock you. Here we give 15 Science Facts that are Totally Wrong.
Science Facts that are Totally Wrong:
- The beautiful rings of Saturn are not solid bands. The rings are comprised of individual dust and ice particles that range in size from microscopic to many feet long.
- Contrary to what we learned in grad school, there are four states of matter, not three.Solid; Liquid, Gas and Plasma are the four state of matter we can see every day.
- The Hollywood Blockbuster “The Core” would have you believe that Earth’s center is molten liquid. In fact; Earth’s core is a dense sphere of nickel and iron with a diameter of about 700 miles.
- Killer whales are more closely related to dolphins than other whales.
- Gravity pulls us downward. Although most of us have only experienced gravity in the downward direction, gravity is not a downward force.
- Bats can’t see. Bats aren’t blind. While many use echolocation to navigate, most of them can see.
- 1 Dog year= 7 human years.1 dog year is not equivalent to 7 human years. Dog are most quickly during the 1st 2 years and after that it greatly depends on the dog’s breed. For some dog breeds, 1 year is equal to a 14 years old human.
- Black Holes are not actually the colour black. They look black when we observe them because they emit no form of visible light. One of the only ways we know black holes exist is because of the gravitational pull they have on stars that otherwise appear to be orbiting empty space.
- Macintosh computers are not immune to viruses. You can find a list of “The Ten Most Dangerous Mac Viruses” on securitywatch.pcmag.com.About 80 % of the computer industry is ruled by Windows, so hackers are merely attacking the majority.
- Alcohol does not kill brain cells, at least not immediately. Long-term problems with drinking to excess can lead to neurological damage, but if you just had one bad night, your brain will be fine in the morning even if your body might not.
- Cracking your knuckles will not give you arthritis but might annoy your desk mates.
- A lucky chance can lead to something that changes the world.
- Distance from the sun: Seasons on earth are the result Earth’s axial tilt and not Earth’s distance from the Sun. If you think about it, Australian winter happens during North America’s summer and there is no way that could happen if seasons depended on our distance from the sun.
- Head in the sand: Ostriches do not stick their head when threatened. Actually they don’t bury their heads at all. When threatened, ostriches flop on the ground and play dead.
- People don’t use just 10% of their brains. We use the entire brain for different processes at different times. We couldn’t survive if we scooped out 90% of it.
If you have any query and want to say something about the article then please use comment box which is given below.
Thank you for visit Careinfo.in and read Science Facts That are Totally Wrong/ Top 15 Science Myths article.