New Li Fi technology is 100 times faster than Wi-Fi
A new technology known as Li Fi technology could one day offer internet speeds 100 times quicker than the WiFi we use nowadays. Scientists have achieved speeds in the lab of up to 224 GB per second. That the equal of downloading 18 movies in the blink of an eye. Li Fi technology or light fidelity is now moving to trials in the real world with office tests in Tallin, Estonia achieving speeds of 1 GB per second 100 times the speed of traditional WiFi.
Here are 8 points about New Li-Fi technology you must know:
- Li-Fi technology teases the similar technology as used in model television or air-conditioner remote control.
- Li-Fi technology provides 100 times quicker (faster) Internet than WiFi. It allows speed up to 224 gbps.
- It requires an LED light source, an internet connection and a picture detector to reach the signals.
- The Estonian company, Velmenni used this technology to merge the smart lighting system and Internet connectivity to raise its revenue and save energy.
- The infrared beams of a remote control encode signals in light pulses and can transmit around 1,000 bits per second. On the other hand, an LED bulb can transmit signals at a speed of 1,000,000,000 bits per second.
- The term Li-Fi technology was first used by Edinburgh University professor, Harald Haas, who demonstrated the system at the Technology, Entertainment and Design (Ted) conference in the year 2011.
- The Li Fi technology does not interfere with other radio signals such as broadband and WiFi. Hence, it can be used on aeroplanes as well. So, no more flight mode!
- The downside of Li Fi technology is that it cannot be used outside the house in daylight, as the sunlight would interfere with the LED signals. Besides, it cannot penetrate through walls like WiFi does, hence, the user needs to be in close proximity of the LED source to get uninterrupted signal.
Watch Professor Harald Halas’s Ted Talk video (Li Fi Technology)
If you want more information about related topics then like our: Facebook page
If you have ant query and want to say something then please use comment box which is given below.
Thanks for visiting Careinfo.in and for reading this Article: New Li Fi technology is 100 times faster than Wi-Fi / Here are 8 points about New Li-Fi technology you must know ..