Interesting Things about Brendon McCullum
The below are some Interesting Things about Brendon McCullum.
- McCullum grew up in a cricketing family circle. Not only is his brother Nathan a Cricketer, but Their Father Stuart played 75 1st class games for Otago from the late 1970s to the Early 1990s.
- McCullum’s career in representative cricket started December 1996 when he played for Otago in 17. His first appearance was a game against the Northern Districts, where he bagged a couple.
- McCullum represented New Zealand at the ICC under 19 World cup 2000 in Sri Lanka. In that competition, he featured alongside his Nathan, Jamie How, Lan Butler, James Franklin, his future New Zealand Teammates.
- McCullum holds the record for the most runs scored by a New Zealand batsman in an Under 19 Test Match. He scored 186 in opposition to South Africa at Lincoln in 2001.
- McCullum was only one of two New Zealand troupe to be named in the ICC World XI 20 man probable for the Super Series ODls against Australia in 2005.
- In too 2008, McCullum Smashed 170 Run against Auckland in the state shield final. During that innings, he got to his ton off only 52 balls, which is the fastest in New Zealand’s Domestic ODI Cricket.
- He is currently the leading run-score in T20 Cricket. As of September 26, 2014, he is leading the 2nd maximum run score. He is the only man with 2 T20 tons.
Thanks for visiting Careinfo.in and read this article Interesting Things about Brendon McCullum.