From around the world 15 countries talented students are getting Dr. Goh Keng Swee (GKS) scholarships for further studies in Singapore’s 4 universities. This scholarship is private sector scholarships and given by Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) every year giving 3 to 4 Dr. Goh Keng Swee (GKS) scholarships to India and other Asia Pacific’s best talented students. This Scholarship is given for study in National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Managment University (SMU) ad Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Dr. GKS scholarships fund set up by the former deputy prime minister of Singapore financial community and it’s given in the respect of Dr. GKS, who had played important role in Singapore’s Growth and Economic Development.
This scholarships is open to the students who are Citizen / Passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Singapore citizen students and PR holder cannot apply for this.
- Candidates should have applied for admission in NSU, NTU, SMU & SUTD.
- This scholarship is given for some special courses like Medicine and other all courses.
- Candidates must have the quality of leadership in and done well in academic activities and co-curricular.
- Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT; (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer this website sat.collegeboard.org)
Duration and Terms of Award:-
- Under this Scholarship 4 years tuition fees for Undergraduate studies and other required fees paid. Also including Singapore return Air Fare and yearly Miscellaneous allowance (6500 Singapore Dollar). Hostel Allowance 200 Singapore Dollar.
Successful candidates have to work for 3 years after completion of the studies.
- Recognized Company in Singapore
- An Approved Singapore Based company in their home country
Application is open till 23rd February 2015; please download the application form from this website www.pscscholarships.gov.sg.
For more inquiry visit the above website or you can directly send mail on this email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.